Command Center v3.0.0 & Battle Tome Beta v2.0.0
The latest updates to Command Center and Battle Tome have been complete for a little while and I have been hammering out the last few bugs with those updates lately. At this point I think it’s safe to say (fingers crossed), that the kinks in these updates are ironed out and Command Center v3.0.0 and Battle Tome beta v2.0.0 is complete.
The goal of the update was speed. I rewrote every single database query, and I assure you there’s a lot of those, to be faster. I started making better use of built-in WordPress features, what this is all built off of, to improve performance and I can honestly say that I’ve seen a difference.
Not part of the coding updates but I did also do some network updates. I now run the site through CloudFlare, which is a security network (reduces traffic from threats and site attacks which in turn improves site speed), and a CDN (content distribution network). Using CloudFlare has been another positive step towards improving the site’s performance.
The last thing I had done was to upgrade my hosting. The upgrade gave me more resources to work with, particularly CPU and memory, which of course also helps with the site’s performance.
That about covers it. I have some more updates lined up for the near future to add some new features so keep an eye out.